I’ve always loved pasta. Although I didn’t grow up with a silver spoon my affair with pasta cooking started early. I feel like I have been cooking pasta for a long time even without holding a ladle–I had recipe books instead of children’s literature.
When I started earning for myself I have always wanted to get a taste of those food I used to just read about as a kid. Eating pasta is like reliving my memories of my childhood–like my childhood imaginations coming to life.
You see, cooking pasta is very personal for me. In this post I created my own pasta sauce. It is vegetarian–a celebration of my transition into vegetarian lifestyle. I have already started with baby steps, but I have committed to start eating strictly vegetarian by the turn of the new year.
This pasta recipe does not have dairy products like butter, cheese, and all-purpose cream. Instead, I used olive oil and Jolly coconut and Jolly shiitake mushroom.
Spaghetti with Jolly Shiitake Mushroom and Coconut Cream
- Olive oil
- Finely chopped garlic and onion
- Fresh ripe tomatoes, halved/quartered
- 1 can Jolly Shiitake Mushroom
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Herbs (basil, thyme, parsely)
- Fresh oregano leaves
- 1 can Jolly Cream of Mushroom
- 1 can Jolly Coconut Cream.
- Sauteé garlic and onion in olive oil.
- Stir fry Jolly Shiitake mushrooms.
- Add salt, pepper, and herbs.
- Add cream of mushroom and coconut cream.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta. Mix well.
- Side with fresh (or poached) tomatoes for acidity. Serve.